We are the British Cryogenics Council (BCC), registered charity no. 26181.
We are committed to protecting the privacy of our members, website and service users.
Any questions regarding this policy should be sent to [email protected] or by writing to the British Cryogenics Council, Rutherford Appleton Laboratory, Harwell Campus, Didcot, Oxfordshire, OX11 0QX.
Why do we collect personal data?
- To inform you of BCC events, initiatives, services and products
- To contact members regarding their subscriptions and accounts
- To inform you of changes to our services
What personal information do we collect?
- Job title
- Postal address, email address, telephone numbers, website addresses
- Our web logs collect additional information automatically about your visit to our website, such as time of visit, pages read and your IP address.
Who has access to your data?
- We will not sell or rent your information to third parties.
- Third Party Service Providers working on our behalf: we may pass your information onto our third party service provider for the purpose of managing or administrating mailing lists or website on our behalf. We disclose only the information that is necessary to deliver the service and we have a contract in place that requires them to keep your information secure.
- Payments online are made through a secure third party payment processor.
How can I access or update my information?
Please email [email protected] or write to the British Cryogenics Council, Rutherford Appleton Laboratory, Harwell Campus, Didcot, Oxfordshire, OX11 0QX.
We make our best efforts to ensure the security of your data and that it is not shared unnecessarily.
However, you should be aware that internet use is not completely secure and so we cannot guarantee the security of any information you transmit to us via the internet. Where we have given (or where you have chosen) a password to enable you to access certain parts of our website you are responsible for keeping this password confidential.
Our website/mailings may contain links to other websites. We have no control over these websites and are not responsible for their privacy policies.
All cookies have an owner which tells you who the cookie belongs to. The owner is the domain specified in the cookie. Each domain can only read the cookie it created.
Native cookies and Third-party cookies
Native cookies are cookies that are associated with the host domain i.e.www.dev-bcryo.openimagination.co.uk. Find out more about our native cookies
Third-party cookies are created by a Web site other than the one you are currently visiting. To support Open Imagination activity, we sometimes embed photos and video content from websites such as flickr and YouTube. Pages with this embedded content may present cookies from these websites. Similarly, when you use one of the share buttons on a Open Imagination website, a cookie may be set by the service you have chosen to share content through. Open Imagination does not control the dissemination of these cookies and this tool will not block cookies from those websites. You should check the relevant third party website for more information about these. Find out more about our Third-party cookies
Web browser cookies:
If you wish to restrict or block web browser cookies which are set on your device then you can do this through your browser settings; the Help function within your browser should tell you how. Alternatively, you may wish to visit www.aboutcookies.org, which contains comprehensive information on how to do this on a wide variety of desktop browsers.
If you are unhappy with how you think we have handled your data please get in touch at [email protected] or write to the British Cryogenics Council, Rutherford Appleton Laboratory, Harwell Campus, Didcot, Oxfordshire, OX11 0QX.
You also have the right to complain to the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO): https://ico.org.uk/make-a-complaint/