Working as an experienced Mechanical Manufacturing Technician, you will have caught the bug for building and problem-solving and what motivates you now, is the resilience and perseverance needed to bring great products and ideas to life.
At Oxford Instruments, you can fulfil your passion and enthusiasm for unpicking why things do or don’t work, and you can be part of a growing organisation at the forefront of cryogenic instrumentation and working on products that are on the edge of technical capabilities and possibilities.
Forget mass production lines and a repetitive daily grind – because this is your calling for high-value, low-volume, and highly complex work at the heart of varied, exciting technology that most – if not all – businesses are yet to experience.
- An apprentice-trained Mechanical Manufacturing Technician or time-served Mechanical Manufacturing Technician with demonstrable experience
- Experienced in complex assembly work, within a low-volume engineering environment
- Adaptable and flexible, with an eagerness to learn and try your hand at various tasks
If so, read on…
A Manufacturing Technician at Oxford Instruments drives our success in production, satisfying customers, and growing the business. Working to engineering drawings and standard operating procedures (SOPs), you’ll be building and testing cryogenic instrumentation to quality standards and timeframes.
Reporting to a hands-on Cell Leader, who’ll offer support and insights, you’ll be following manufacturing plants as part of a collaborative and committed team of 10. It’s a 37-hour week, with a reduced five-hour day on Friday.
Our team environment encourages focus and camaraderie. No one is just a cog in a wheel. All our technicians keep us moving, but all of them are individuals with a shared passion for driving forward cutting-edge technology and end-product capability, connecting the devices and applications that power the world around us.
Your Next Career Move…?
- Joining a business, with newly formed positions, achieving record-breaking growth
- Being part of exciting quantum computer technology and nano-science solutions
- Complex, customised, and innovative products devised by award-winning engineers
- A learning and development culture – a business that invests in employee progression
- Broad career progression potential – within manufacturing, design, or service engineering
- An exciting, enjoyable place to work, with team bonding events, refreshments, and games
- Benefits inclusive of 25 days annual leave with bank holidays on top, private medical insurance, group pension plan, a share incentive plan, and an employee assistance program
Working for Oxford Instruments involves constant surprises and learning opportunities. Our people pull together and go above and beyond together.
Woodland surrounding our Abingdon office plays host to running clubs and fun walks. Here, it’s hard work but a fun place to work. Our staff don’t put in the hours solely for a paycheque; people enjoy coming to work. Job satisfaction isn’t just down to a job; it’s what you’re a part of.
Click apply, attaching an up-to-date CV. We look forward to hearing from you.
Download this advert as a pdf: