Do you have experience in cryogenic systems & technology?
Have you worked with liquid helium systems?
Would you like to be part of an innovative programme working at the cutting edge of fusion, making the UK the centre of tritium research?
Here at the UK Atomic Energy Authority (UKAEA), you will be involved in supporting research into the future of sustainable energy - Fusion Energy.
You could be working at the Hydrogen-3 Advanced Technology centre (H3AT) which will provide a unique opportunity for academia, industry and partners to benefit from a world-class tritium technology centre. H3AT represents an important step in the development of tritium technology, allowing vital research and development to keep pace with the growing demand for tritium expertise both in the UK and the rest of the world.
Your role will be to lead work on one of the existing cryogenic subsystems. This will initially involve fault finding, recommissioning and process optimisation, and will be followed by providing general cryogenic advice, as well as plant-specific training, to the group.
The H3AT facility will also include new cryogenic subsystems, and effort will be required to deliver these.
In your new role you will:
- lead the technical delivery of a plant 4‑K liquid helium subsystem, including liaison with vendors and subcontractors
- act as the intelligent customer on behalf of UKAEA
- supervise vendors and subcontractors as well as UKAEA staff during installation and maintenance on the subsystem
- operate the subsystem and train other operators as the need arises
- carry out risk assessments for cryogen interventions
- evaluate designs of new systems
- provide advice on upgrade parts of subsystem or projects for the installation of new equipment up to £350k
You will need:
- a degree in a relevant subject with several years of experience of liquid helium systems
- strong cryogenics safety track record
- experience of plant control systems including interlocks
- experience of pressure systems regulations
- experience of training others in cryogenic safety and operation of cryogenic equipment
So, if this sounds like you, and you are looking for that next challenging career move, then please send your applications using the link provided.
Please note, the role is only offered on PAYE or Umbrella basis. We are unable to engage with any Limited Company contractors.
All successful applicants must undertake a BPSS clearance (basic security clearance)
Please contact: Mark Armstrong
Tel: 01235 466779