Innovate to solve the world's most important challenges
The future is what we make it.
When you join Honeywell, you become a member of our global team of thinkers, innovators, dreamers, and doers who make the things that make the future. That means changing the way we fly, fueling jets in an eco-friendly way, keeping buildings smart and safe and even making it possible to breathe on Mars.
Working at Honeywell isn’t just about developing cool things. That’s why all our employees enjoy access to dynamic career opportunities across different fields and industries.
Are you ready to help us make the future?
We are currently looking for a Manufacturing/Process Engineer to work in the engineering team out of our Redditch site.
The Redditch site specializes in the design, development, and manufacture of components for small-scale cooling infra-red devices used in guided weapons and thermal imaging systems, high pressure actuation systems, and satellite cryogenic systems. Most of our programmes are for space/military markets where reliability and sound manufacturing are key. The individual who fills this role will be responsible for slotting into our team and 1) becoming a key member of our engineering new product team in providing sound manufacturing input, as well as 2) delivering excellent support to production in all manner of situations.
· Support our production organization in all facets of their work, becoming an often seen and first point of contact individual for our production operators regarding any line issues.
· Be responsible for a number of areas, possibly including: production issues resolution, Root Cause Corrective Action reviews, Part and process concessions/waivers/deviations, equipment maintenance and support.
· Support our quality organization in resolution of key hardware non-conformities.
· Be an integral member of our engineering new product team, providing guidance on manufacturability of components and cost reduction recommendations, manufacturing processes, and production line setup.
· Set a high standard for interaction with the production organization and provide a key interface between new product engineering and production.
· Provide manufacturing support to technical proposals for new business enquiries, as directed, and support the sales function as required.
· Implement engineering process improvement measures and activities that will improve quality and cost effective production, enhancing customer satisfaction.
· Maintain acceptable standards of professional conduct with respect to colleagues and customers.
· Maintain acceptable standards and practice in respect of health and safety at work.
· Set challenging personnel annual performance goals and monitor performance throughout the year.
· Possesses broad engineering skills and abilities, may have an area of special expertise. Clear understanding of engineering processes. Understands processes in multiple areas. Knowledge of assembly/test techniques for small mechanical assemblies advantageous. Machining experience advantageous.
· Proven ability to interact with and build good relationships with all members of the organization, from senior management to line level management to production staff (skilled and semi-skilled) to engineering staff.
· Proven ability to resolve production issues.
· Experience in all manner of welding (EB, TIG, Laser) advantageous but not essential.
· Undertakes assignments requiring originality and ingenuity and the application or development of advanced technologies.
· Major project team member who may interact with peers to anticipate and resolve day to day issues.
· Good oral and written communication skills.
· Ability to formulate and execute personal performances and evaluation.
· Required to develop/train production staff in key process implementation.
· Knowledge and success in implementing change and an understanding of Aerospace/defense configuration control advantageous.
· BA/BSc/Beng and/or significant process engineering experience in an aerospace/defense environment.
Design for Six Sigma / Lean Manufacture experience advantageous
JOB ID: HRD195892
Location: Burnt Meadow Road, North Moons Moat,Redditch,WORCESTERSHIRE,B98 9HJ,United Kingdom