HONEYWELL HYMATIC, REDDITCH
Requisition Number: 69510050~Mech Syst Engr
INNOVATE TO SOLVE THE WORLD'S MOST IMPORTANT CHALLENGES
Why you would want this role?
Honeywell Aerospace is a leading provider of integrated avionics, engines, systems and service solutions for aircraft manufacturers, airlines, business and general aviation, military space and airport operations.
What are we looking for?
A fantastic opportunity has become available at our Redditch site, for an experienced, and proactive individual to join our business as a project engineer. Our site in Redditch works closely on stored energy, Joule Thomson coolers and Stirling engine products. The engineer will be expected to manage projects and support the delivery of mechanical components that form part of a sub-system which are then integrated into the final product at the customer’s facility. The engineer will also support legacy products if required.
What will you be doing every day?
- Support technical proposals for new business enquiries, as directed, and support the sales function as required.
- Leading, organizing, coordinating all tasks associated with the successful completion of activities in support of engineering programs, productionisation and production support.
- Develop appropriately detailed project plans to monitor and track progress
- Perform risk management to minimize project risks
- Work with functional managers to ensure adequate program resourcing
- Develop from concept to production, hardware/test rigs/processes that adhere to customer's performance, qualification & safety specifications, whilst adhering to milestone and cost requirements.
- Coordinate transition from engineering to production, of new products within specified cost, schedule and process requirements, ensuring the manufacturability of new products.
- Define and implement engineering process improvement measures and activities that will improve quality and cost effective production, enhancing customer satisfaction.
- Report and escalate to senior management as needed
- Create and maintain comprehensive project documentation
- Manage day-day operational aspects of the project(s)
What skills and experience do you need?
- A degree is essential within engineering, whether that be mechanical/electro-mechanical/manufacturing/automotive
- You will have strong and demonstrable experience as a project engineer having a deep understanding of the phases/lifecycle of engineering projects.
- A solid understanding of risk management would be advantageous
- You will have strong communication skills with the ability to communicate at a number of different levels
- Design knowledge would be a significant plus
- The ability to interpret tech specs, and documents, and break these down to stakeholders.
What’s on offer?
- A competitive salary
- A generous benefits package
- Opportunities to expand your knowledge, ad progress within a global organisation
- Continued Professional Development
- Some Travel Required
Honeywell is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, or veteran status.
Application for role: https://honeywell.csod.com/EPM/CareerCenter/CareerCenter.aspx?tab_page_id=-13